CREAMIEST ORANGE DREAMSICLE SMOOTHIE1 c. Greek yogurt2/3 c. ice cubes½ c. chopped peeled ripe mango,…
SAVORY SCALLOPED YAM STACKS
1½ lbs. small yams, peeled and thinly sliced
1 T. chopped fresh thyme, divided
1 c. freshly shredded mozzarella or Gruyere cheese, divided
2/3 c. heavy cream
1 finely minced garlic clove
Salt, black pepper, to taste
Fresh thyme sprigs, garnish
- Preheat oven 375.
- Layer half yams in lightly greased 12-c. muffin pan.
- Sprinkle 2 t. thyme and ½ c. of the cheese.
- Top with remaining yams. (Potatoes will slightly come above the rim of each cup.)
- Microwave cream, garlic, salt, black pepper and remaining thyme on HIGH for 1 minute.
- Pour mixture into muffin cups (about 1 T. per cup).
- Bake, covered with foil for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake 5-8 minutes or until cheese is melted and slightly golden.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Run a sharp knife around rim of each cup and lift the stacks from cups using a spoon.
- Transfer to serving platter and garnish.