PATRIOTIC PARFAITSPUDDING:1 ½ c. milk3 T. cornstarch2 egg yolks1 c. half and halfPinch of salt½…
4 (6-8 oz.) skinless salmon fillets, cut into large chunks
1 T. Old Bay Seasoning (or your favorite type Creole, Grilling, etc. seasoning)
Salt, red/black pepper
¼ c. chopped fresh dill
1 medium red onion, minced
1 bunch green onion, finely chopped (green part only)
Extra virgin olive oil
½ c. cream cheese, softened
½ c. Greek yogurt or sour cream
Juice of 1 lemon
Fresh baby spinach or kale or Bibb lettuce
Thick slices of tomato, optional
Crusty rolls, split and toasted
- Drizzle olive oil in a large skillet and place over medium heat.
- Place salmon in food processor and pulse to form coarse grind meat to form the burgers.
- Transfer the fish to a bowl and season with Old Bay Seasoning, salt, pepper, dill and red onion. Mix well and form 4 patties.
- Drizzle burgers with olive oil
- Cook burgers in skillet about 3-4 minutes per side, for a pink center. For full cooked fish, cook 4-6 minutes per side.
- While burgers are cooking or earlier, take a bowl and combine the cream cheese, yogurt or sour cream, green onion, lemon juice. Mix well. Taste for seasoning, if you want a little kick to sauce add some Tabasco.
- On toasted roll, spread some of the sauce, place spinach, tomato and then the burger. Top with more sauce and serve.