SIMPLY IRRESISTIBLE SMOKY GRILLED VEGGIESSoaked wood chips4 ears of sweet corn, shucked1 of each color…
CITRUS FLAVORED TURNIPS
2 T. extra virgin olive oil
Extra olive oil
1 T. butter
4 anchovy fillets
1 lb. julienned yellow onions
3 T. sliced garlic
1 t. crushed red pepper
1 c. white wine
4 ½ lbs. chopped peeled turnips
Zest of 2 oranges
Juice of 4 oranges
1 T. chopped fresh rosemary
Kosher salt/black pepper
- In large Dutch oven, heat oil and butter over medium heat.
- When melted, add anchovy and cook for 1 minute and smashing into a paste with back of spoon.
- Add onion, garlic and red pepper, cook 4-5 minutes.
- Add wine and cook until almost absorbed, 10-15 minutes.
- Add turnips, zest and juice and rosemary to pot.
- Cover and cook, gently stirring occasionally and adding splash of water if needed, until fork-tender, about 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with some olive oil.