Large Portabella Mushroom Caps (the number you get depends on how many you are serving…
Saute Brussel Sprouts with Cherry Tomatoes and Bacon
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 1 (16-oz.) bag of fresh brussel sprouts
- 1 carton of cherry tomatoes
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 3 shallots, chopped
- ¼ c. chopped onion mix
- 1 T. minced garlic
- 1 T. sugar
- 1-2 T. olive oil
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- ½ c. Balsamic vinegar
- Salt, black pepper and garlic powder
- Extra olive oil
- Crumbled bacon
- Wash and clean sprouts. Cut in half.
- In large skillet, heat the 1-2 T. olive oil. Saute the red onion, shallots and chopped onion mix.
- Add sugar and garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Then add brussel sprouts and sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Drizzle additional olive oil to cover the sprouts.
- Add tomatoes and squeeze the lemon juice and add the vinegar.
- Season with salt, black pepper and garlic powder.
- Heat through and taste for seasoning. Sprouts should be a little crisp and not mushy.
- Sprinkle with crumbled bacon. You can use the prepared type or cook your own.
- Right before serving squeeze additional lemon juice.