One Pot Pork Chop Supper
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 4-6 lean center cut bone-in pork chops, seasoned
- 1 can tomato soup
- ½ c. water
- 1 t. Lea and Perrins
- ½ t. salt
- 1 lb. bag of baby carrots
- 8-12 small red potatoes, cut in half
- 1 large Vidalia onion, sliced thinly
- 1 large green bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 container sliced mushrooms
- In large Dutch oven or skillet, place a little vegetable oil or olive oil in pan and brown pork chops on both sides. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- In same skillet or pot, add onions and bell peppers. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add soup, water, Lea and Perrins and salt. Stir until blended.
- Put pork chops back in pan and top with potatoes, carrots and mushrooms.
- Add more water if needed. The gravy should cover the meat.
- Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender.
- Just keep adding water if necessary to keep meat from sticking to bottom of pan.
- Cook for about 40 minutes.
*****I like to serve with a green vegetable and cornbread. If you decide not to put potatoes in you can serve with mashed potatoes.