FANCY PARMESAN CARROTS WITH LEMON-PARSLEY DRESSING½ c. water¼ c. chopped shallots1 lb. medium carrots, cut…
|Sabayon Cream with Fruit|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 6 egg yolks
- Dash of salt
- ⅔ c. sugar
- 3 c. whipping cream, divided
- ½ c. dry white wine
- ⅔ c. kirsch or other cherry-flavored brandy
- Assorted sliced fresh fruit (kiwi, berries, etc.)
- Combine egg yolks and salt in large bowl. Beat at high speed with mixer until blended.
- Gradually add sugar, 1 T. at a time, beat 5 minutes or until mixture is thick and pale.
- Heat 1 c. whipping cream, white wine and kirsch in saucepan until hot, not boiling.
- With mixer running on low, slowly pour hot cream mixture into beaten egg mixture.
- Transfer mixture to top of double boiler. Place over simmering water and cook 20 minutes, stirring constantly. Mixture will thicken slightly.
- Remove from heat.
- Place top of double boiler over a bowl of ice water. Stir until mixture is cooled completely.
- Whip remaining 2 c. of cream at medium speed until stiff.
- Fold whipped cream into cold egg mixture.
- Cover and chill. Stir gently before serving.
- Spoon the Sabayon Cream over your fresh fruit. Chill until ready to serve.