Stuffed Piquante Peppers Save Print Recipe By: Alice Morrow Ingredients Assorted colors of…
6 thick-cut bacon slices, chopped
1 large Vidalia onion, chopped
2 T. minced garlic
1 (28-oz.) can baked beans with bacon and brown sugar
1 (16-oz.) can navy beans, drained and rinsed
1 (16-oz.) can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 (16-oz.) can light red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 (15-oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
½ c. packed dark brown sugar
½ c. catsup
½ c. rum
¼ c. apple cider vinegar
1. Preheat oven 350.
2. Cook bacon in large skillet until crispy. Remove, reserve 2 T. drippings in skillet.
3. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until tender.
4. Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
5. Stir together bacon, onion mixture, baked beans and rest of ingredients in a large bowl.
6. Season with black pepper to taste. Add salt if you like.
7. Spoon into lightly greased 13×9” baking dish.
8. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
9. Uncover and bake another 30 minutes. Stir as needed.
*****Add or take away the beans that you like or dislike.