6 T. minced garlic
2-4 jalapenos, seeded and minced
¼ c. red wine vinegar
½ c. finely chopped fresh parsley
½ c. finely chopped fresh oregano leaves
Juice of 3 limes
1 c. extra-virgin olive oil
1-2 t. kosher salt
1-2 t. whole black peppercorns
2 pork tenderloins (about 1 lb. each), trimmed excess fat, patted dry.
Kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder
Extra virgin olive oil
Extra lime juice, for drizzling
Parsley sprigs, garnish
1. In a bowl, combine garlic, jalapeno and vinegar.
2. Stir in parsley, oregano and lime juice.
3. Whisk in olive oil and season with salt and peppercorns.
4. Set aside at room temperature for at least 1 hour.
5. Reserve ½ c. of the chimichurri sauce to serve later with pork.
6. Put pork in the remaining marinade in plastic bag and set in refrigerator for 30-60 minutes.
7. Preheat outdoor grill or oven broiler on high.
8. Remove pork form marinade, wiping off excess. Discard marinade.
9. Season all sides of pork with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
10. Drizzle with olive oil and place on grill.
11. Grill on hottest part of grill for 4 minutes per side, until well charred.
12. Allow pork to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
13. Spoon some of the reserved chimichurri over the meat, drizzle with lime juice and garnish with parsley. Place remaining sauce on side.