DELICIOUS BERRY GRATIN WITH CHAMPAGNE SABAYON1-2 c. fresh mixed berries (strawberry, blueberry, raspberry)3 T. sparkling…
ROMAN STYLE CHICKEN
4 skinless chicken breast halves, with ribs
4 skinless chicken thighs, with bones
1 large Vidalia onion, sliced
1 of each color bell pepper (red, orange, yellow) cut into strips
4 oz. prosciutto, chopped
1 (8-oz.) carton fresh sliced mushrooms
3 T. minced garlic
1 (15-oz.) can diced tomatoes
½ c. white wine
½ c. chicken stock
1/3 c. capers
1 T. fresh thyme leaves
1 t. fresh oregano
Fresh basil leaves or parsley, garnish
Freshly grated parmesan cheese, optional
- Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
- In large, heavy skillet, pour enough olive oil to cover bottom and heat over medium heat.
- Cook chicken on all sides until golden brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In same pan, over medium heat, add onions, peppers, prosciutto until peppers and onions are browned and prosciutto is crispy.
- Add garlic and mushrooms and cook for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, wine and herbs. With wooden spoon, scrape browned bits off bottom of pan.
- Return chicken to pan. Add stock and bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 20-30 minutes.
- When ready to serve, add capers and stir to mix in.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves or parsley.
*Sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan cheese. Serve your favorite noodles as a side.