SOPHISTICATED CHOCOLATE BOURBON BALLS1 ¼ c. crushed chocolate wafer cookies1 c. powdered sugar2/3 c. toasted…
PERFECT EGG AND TOAST CUPS
6 slices of whole-wheat bread
½ c. melted butter
¼ c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
¼ c. finely chopped tomatoes
Kosher salt/black pepper
2-3 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
Fresh chopped chives, garnish
- Preheat oven 375.
- Flatten each bread slice with rolling pin until very thin.
- Trim crusts off.
- Lightly brush both sides of bread with melted butter.
- Cut each bread slice in half diagonally.
- With cut sides facing, place 2 bread halves in each of 6 muffin cups. Make sure to cover bottom entirely and allowing bread corners to extend above rims.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until bread is slightly firm.
- Remove pan from oven, sprinkle with 2 t. cheese into each cup.
- Top each cup with 2 t. chopped tomato.
- Crack one egg into each cup.
- Sprinkle each egg with salt and pepper.
- Bake for another 18-20 minutes or until whites are set and yolks are still a bit runny or to desired degree of doneness.
- Remove egg cups from pan. Sprinkle with bacon and chives.