WONDERFUL WATERMELON MINT ICED TEA1 watermelon (to make 2 c. of melon juice)2 mint tea…
Burritos for Breakfast
BURRITOS FOR BREAKFAST
4 t. olive oil
½ c. chopped red onion
4-6 slices of bacon (regular or turkey), cut crosswise into ½” strips
2 packed cups of fresh baby spinach, coarse chop
½ c. cherry tomatoes, sliced
Salt and black pepper
4 large eggs
4 large egg whites
¼ c. crumbled feta cheese
2 T. chopped fresh chives
4 (8”) whole wheat or regular tortillas, warmed
4-6 red tip leaf lettuce leaves
Salsa, sour cream, sliced avocados
- In nonstick skillet, heat 2 t. olive oil.
- Add red onion and cook until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add bacon and cook until browned.
- Add spinach and tomatoes. Cook until spinach wilts.
- Transfer all to a bowl and season.
- Wipe out skillet.
- In bowl, whisk whole eggs and egg whites with salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining olive oil in skillet.
- Add eggs and cook, stirring gently, until set, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in bacon mixture, feta and chives.
- Spoon egg mixture down center of each tortilla and top with lettuce.
- Fold sides of tortillas, then fold bottom over filling and continue to roll.
- Cut burrito in half and serve with salsa, sour cream and sliced avocados.
*You can change up meats for turkey and the cheeses can be changed.