Stuffed Piquante Peppers Save Print Recipe By: Alice Morrow Ingredients Assorted colors of…
1 ½ c. milk
3 T. cornstarch
2 egg yolks
1 c. half and half
Pinch of salt
½ c. sugar
1 ½ t. vanilla
1 T. butter
1 (4-oz.) pkg. red, flavored instant gelatin such as Jell-O cherry or strawberry
40 fresh blueberries
1. PUDDING: Whisk ½ c. milk, cornstarch and yolks until smooth.
2. In a pan, stir 1 c. milk, half and half, salt and sugar.
3. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
4. Remove from heat.
5. Whisking yolk mixture constantly, drizzle in the hot milk.
6. Pour mixture back into saucepan and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly, until pudding thickens.
7. Remove from heat, whisk in vanilla and butter.
8. Pour pudding into a large bowl. Cover with plastic wrap so that the wrap touches the surface of the pudding. Let cool 20 minutes, then refrigerate until cold, at least 3-4 hours.
9. Chill 4 (8-oz.) glasses.
10. GELATIN: Put gelatin in bowl. Pour in 1 c. boiling water, whisk until gelatin dissolves. Stir in 1 c. cold water. Keep at room temperature.
11. ASSEMBLE THE PARFAITS: Pour ¼ c. gelatin into each glass. Chill until firm, about 1 hour. Spoon in ¼ c. pudding, smooth tops and freeze until firm, about 1 hour. Slowly pour ¼ c. gelatin over pudding in each cup (you will use up the gelatin mixture). Chill until firm, about 1 hour.
12. Top with final layer of pudding.
13. Divide the berries among the parfaits and serve.