1 c. buttermilk
1 egg, beaten
1 ½ c. flour
1 t. salt
2 t. black pepper
6 ears of fresh corn, husks and silks removed, cut in halves, if desired
Peanut oil, for frying
1. Combine milk and egg in shallow dish and blend well.
2. In another dish, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add more seasoning if you like.
3. Dip each piece of corn into milk mixture, then roll in seasoned flour. Knock off excess flour.
4. In a large skillet, heat oil that is about 3-4” deep to 350.
5. Add corn and fry for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Usually about 2 minutes per side.
6. Drain on paper towels. Add more salt and pepper if needed.