REFRESHING WATERMELON RUM PUNCH3 lb. fresh watermelon8 oz. white rum6-8 T. fresh lime juice¼ c.…
1 ½ c. milk
3 T. cornstarch
2 egg yolks
1 c. half and half
Pinch of salt
½ c. sugar
1 ½ t. vanilla
1 T. butter
1 (4-oz.) pkg. red, flavored instant gelatin such as Jell-O cherry or strawberry
40 fresh blueberries
- PUDDING: Whisk ½ c. milk, cornstarch and yolks until smooth.
- In a pan, stir 1 c. milk, half and half, salt and sugar.
- Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat.
- Whisking yolk mixture constantly, drizzle in the hot milk.
- Pour mixture back into saucepan and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly, until pudding thickens.
- Remove from heat, whisk in vanilla and butter.
- Pour pudding into a large bowl. Cover with plastic wrap so that the wrap touches the surface of the pudding. Let cool 20 minutes, then refrigerate until cold, at least 3-4 hours.
- Chill 4 (8-oz.) glasses.
- GELATIN: Put gelatin in bowl. Pour in 1 c. boiling water, whisk until gelatin dissolves. Stir in 1 c. cold water. Keep at room temperature.
- ASSEMBLE THE PARFAITS: Pour ¼ c. gelatin into each glass. Chill until firm, about 1 hour. Spoon in ¼ c. pudding, smooth tops and freeze until firm, about 1 hour. Slowly pour ¼ c. gelatin over pudding in each cup (you will use up the gelatin mixture). Chill until firm, about 1 hour.
- Top with final layer of pudding.
- Divide the berries among the parfaits and serve.