SIMPLY IRRESISTIBLE SMOKY GRILLED VEGGIESSoaked wood chips4 ears of sweet corn, shucked1 of each color…
ORANGE MASCARPONE TOPPING ESPRESSO CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
½ c. milk
3 T. sugar
¼ t. instant espresso powder
1 c. bittersweet chocolate chips
3 egg whites
¼ c. mascarpone cheese, room temp
2 T. fresh squeezed orange juice
½ c. whipping cream
2 T. powdered sugar
Zest of one orange
- MOUSSE: In saucepan over medium heat, stir together the milk, sugar and espresso powder until milk is hot, but not boiling and sugar is dissolved.
- Place chocolate chips in blender or food processor.
- Pour hot milk over chips. Run blender on HIGH until combined, a few seconds.
- Add egg whites and run blender on HIGH until light, about 1 minute.
- Transfer mousses to 4 small serving cups. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator at least 4 hours.
- CREAM: In bowl of electric mixer, stir together the mascarpone and orange juice until smooth. Add cream, powdered sugar and zest. Whip until cream has soft peaks.
- Whip the cream just before serving the mousse or cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator until ready to use.
*When blending hot liquids: Remove liquid from heat and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes. Transfer liquid to blender or food processor and fill no more than halfway. If using blender, release one corner of lid. Place a towel over the top, pulse a few times then process on high until smooth.