REFRESHING WATERMELON RUM PUNCH3 lb. fresh watermelon8 oz. white rum6-8 T. fresh lime juice¼ c.…
NO-BAKE VEGETARIAN ENCHILADAS
1 ¼ lbs. carrots, coarsely chopped
1 small onion, chopped
6 garlic cloves, peeled
½ lb. fresh tomatoes, chopped
½ c. extra virgin olive oil
Kosher salt & black pepper
9 oz. queso fresco, crumbled
1 c. finely chopped cilantro
¾ c. finely chopped red onion
12 corn tortillas
Canola oil, for warming
Sour cream, for drizzling
- Carrot Sofrito: Preheat oven 225. In food processor, pulse carrots and onion and garlic until finely chopped. Scrape mixture into a bowl.
- Add tomatoes to food processor and pulse until nearly smooth.
- In deep ovenproof skillet, heat 2 T. olive oil until shimmering. Add carrot mixture and season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir occasionally until slightly soft and nearly dry.
- Add tomato puree and cook until liquid has evaporated.
- Stir in remaining 6 T. olive oil. Transfer skillet to oven for 1 ½ hours until carrot sofrito is soft. Season again to taste. Cover and keep warm over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Assemble enchiladas: In bowl, toss queso fresco with cilantro and red onion.
- In small skillet, heat ½” of canola oil. Add 1 tortilla to skillet and cook until just pliable, about 20 seconds. Using tongs, transfer tortilla to baking sheet. Repeat with other tortillas.
- Working quickly, roll a scant ¼ c. of cheese mixture in each tortilla and arrange on large platter, seam side down.
- Spoon hot sofrito over enchiladas and scatter remaining cheese mixture on top.
- Drizzle with salsa and sour cream. Serve with additional salsa and sour cream.
*If you can find Mexican crema, for the sour cream, and Smoky Tomatillo Salsa, use them for a more authentic Mexican flavor.