OREO SURPRISESOreosPeanut butter1 box of your favorite Brownie Mix Preheat oven to 350.Place paper cupcake…
MOLTEN CHOCOLATE LAVA CAKES
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 2 sticks butter, also some to butter ramekin cups
- 4 t. sugar
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Pinch of cayenne
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 6 (1-oz.) squares of bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 6 (1-oz.) squares of semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 c. all purpose flour
- 2 ½ c. powdered sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 6 large egg yolks
- 2 t. vanilla
- ½ t. almond extract
- Raspberry Sauce:
- 1 pt. fresh raspberries (can substitute strawberries, blackberries, etc.)
- ¾ c. sugar
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Preheat oven 400. Butter 8 ramekin dishes (6-oz. size).
- Sprinkle each up with ½ t. of regular sugar.
- In saucepan, combine butter, cinnamon, cayenne, nutmeg and chocolate over low heat until melted and blended. Stir frequently. Cool slightly.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, powdered sugar, eggs, yolks, vanilla and almond extract until creamy.
- Add melted chocolate to batter and whisk together.
- Pour into prepared ramekins.
- Bake cakes until top is stiff and cracked and edges are dark, about 12-14 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes.
- Loosen edges of cake with small paring knife.
- Invert onto plates while warm.
- Serve with cool whip, ice cream, berries and shaved chocolate.
- Raspberry Sauce:
- Place clean berries in blender or food processor.
- Add sugar and lemon juice.
- Puree until smooth.
- Keep in refrigerator until ready to use.
*****For a change: After spooning batter into ramekins, press a Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup into the center. Smooth the batter over the top and bake as usual. You can experiment with different selections of candy. These freeze very well. *****Raspberry Sauce is good to spread on dessert plate before placing your cake, brownie, etc. on plate. You can also use to drizzle over desserts, fruits and ice creams.