Alice's Caesar Salad and Dressing
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
Recipe type: Salad
- 20 Romaine lettuce leaves, torn (about 2 heads)
- 1-2 c. seasoned croutons
- ½ c. freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 (2-oz.) cans anchovy fillets, drained for garnish
- Wash and drain lettuce leaves. Set aside.
- In food processor, add garlic, Worcestershire, mustard, lemon juice and anchovy paste. Process until smooth.
- With processor running, pour olive oil down funnel tube and mix until well blended. Taste for seasoning.
- Put dressing in container and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In large salad bowl, toss together the lettuce leaves, croutons and the freshly grated parmesan cheese. Drizzle with dressing and toss gently. Add extra salt and pepper if needed.