NO-BAKE VEGETARIAN ENCHILADASCarrot Sofrito:1 ¼ lbs. carrots, coarsely chopped1 small onion, chopped6 garlic cloves, peeled½…
MEXICAN YELLOW RICE WITH CRAWFISH
1-2 lbs. leftover peeled boiled crawfish
3 ears of fresh corn, cut from the cob
½ c. chopped onion mix
6 mini peppers, chopped (assorted colors)
1 (8-oz.) carton sliced mushrooms
1 carton cherry tomatoes, halved
1 c. spicy pico de gallo
1 (7-oz.) box of Tony Chachere’s Yellow Rice
Salt, red/black pepper, garlic powder
Chopped green onions, garnish
- Cook the yellow rice according to directions on the box and set aside and keep warm.
- In a large skillet, drizzle some olive oil and heat.
- Add the onion and peppers to the oil and cook until soft.
- Add the crawfish (these are already cooked, if using fresh crawfish, you will have to cook them longer), corn and mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and pico and mix well.
- Fold in the yellow rice and taste for seasoning. Cover and heat through.
- Garnish with chopped green onions.