CREAMY BERRY-MANGO-ALMOND SHAKE4 c. hulled fresh strawberries, halved1 ½ c. good quality vanilla frozen yogurt,…
MEXICAN RED RICE
1 c. uncooked rice (not instant rice)
2 T. olive oil or vegetable oil
2 T. minced garlic
1 large Vidalia onion, chopped
1-2 jalapenos, seeded and minced, optional
3 ripe plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 (8-oz.) can tomato sauce
1 c. chicken broth
1 T. chili powder
Salt, black pepper
Chopped fresh cilantro, garnish, optional
- Heat oil in heavy skillet. Add rice and stir to cook until rice is golden brown.
- Add the garlic, chopped onion and jalapenos and saute until onion begins to brown.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, chili powder and seasonings. Lower heat and cover.
- Simmer for 20-25 minutes until all liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and allow to sit, covered for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with fork and serve. Garnish with cilantro.