GOOEY HOT COCOA MARSHMALLOW COOKIESCOOKIES:½ c. butter1 ½ c. semisweet chocolate chips1 ½ c. flour¼…
MAW-MAW’S ITALIAN SESAME SEED COOKIES
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 1 lb. butter, room temperature
- 2 c. sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 5-6 c. flour (begin with 5 and add more as needed)
- 1 t. baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 4 t. milk
- 2 t. vanilla
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Begin with very clean hands. In large bowl, combine butter with sugar. Stir around with your hands until mixture is well blended.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Sift flour, soda and salt together and add to butter mixture.
- Add milk and vanilla. Mix and add the remaining cup of flour, if necessary.
- Dough should stick together but be workable or soft enough to roll into ½” diameter roll.
- Cut into 3” lengths and then dip into toasted seeds.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet in 350 oven and bake 9-10 minutes. Cookie will be lightly browned. It gets crispy after it is cooled.
*****Toast sesame seeds in skillet over medium heat, about 2-4 minutes, stirring constantly. Makes 12-13 dozen cookies.