EASY HOMEMADE IRISH CREAM1 T. instant espresso powder1 T. best-quality Dutch-process cocoa powder1 (14-oz.) can…
Becky Diesi’s Creamy Pralines
|Becky Diesi's Creamy Pralines|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
Becky Diesi's Creamy Pralines
- 1 stick butter or oleo
- 2 c. white sugar
- ⅔ c. evaporated milk
- 1 c. chopped pecans or pieces
- 1 t. vanilla
- In heavy saucepan, melt butter.
- When butter starts to boil, add milk and bring to a boil.
- Add sugar.
- Stir constantly until it comes to a full boil. Scraping sides often.
- When it comes to a boil, stop stirring.
- Insert candy thermometer and cook to soft ball stage, 240 degrees.
- When it reaches the soft ball stage, remove from heat.
- Scrape sides and discard this.
- Add vanilla and pecans and stir until well blended.
- Stir for about 5-8 minutes.
- Drop by spoonfuls, depending on size praline you want, onto wax paper.
- Let cool and store in airtight containers.
*****This makes 2-2 ½ dozen medium sized pralines. I easily double the recipe when I make them. Becky Diesi makes the best pralines I have ever had. They are so creamy and the color is divine. Now the warning, I never achieve the color she gets. I have told her that it is that seasoned pot she has used for years and it makes them perfect. I have tried 4-6 different types of pots but never get them like hers. The taste is there but not the color. I told her I was going to steal her pot one day. Also you know, how you have to have the perfect weather, to make pralines, well Becky is the only person, to whom this does not apply. This girl could make her pralines surrounded by the fires of HELL and they will still be perfect. My friend, Jan Dupuis, makes awesome pralines but I do not have her recipe. Maybe one day!!!!!!
This Post Has 0 Comments