MAGICAL SKILLET S’MORES12 mini-cast iron skillets6 (1.55-oz.) individually wrapped milk chocolate bars (like Hershey’s), broken…
1 medium white onion, diced
1 ½ lbs. boneless skinless chicken pieces (breasts or thighs or combination)
3 Poblano chiles, roasted, peeled and diced***
1 (7-oz.) can fire-roasted, peeled, diced green chilies, undrained
3 T. minced garlic
1 lb. Great Northern Beans or Cannellini Beans
3 1/2 to 4 c. chicken broth
2 t. ground cumin
1 t. smoked paprika
Salt/red and black pepper, to taste
1 c. heavy cream or milk
2 T. cornmeal
Shredded cheese, sour cream, sliced avocado, chopped fresh cilantro (assorted toppings)
Warm corn tortillas, optional
- Add onion, chicken, Poblano chilies, green chilies, garlic, beans, 3 ½ c. broth and spices to large slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or until beans are tender but not falling apart.
- Add additional broth if needed.
- In bowl, mix cream with cornmeal.
- With immersion blender or whisk to combine thoroughly and pour mixture into Slow Cooker. Stir well.
- Cook for another 20 minutes to thicken chili and heat thoroughly.
- Adjust seasoning if needed.
- Serve with toppings and warm tortillas on side, if desired.
***To roast Poblano chilies, preheat oven 500. Line baking sheet with foil. Arrange whole peppers in single layer on baking sheet. Bake 30-40 minutes or until skins are completely wrinkled, charred, turning occasionally for even roasting. Remove from oven, transfer peppers to bowl and cover tightly with foil. Keep covered until peppers are cool enough to handle, about 30-40 minutes. Remove the skin, and discard stems and seeds. Cut peppers into quarters lengthwise and chop.