REFRESHING CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTER AND BANANA ICEBOX CAKE½ c. Jiffy smooth peanut butter2 ½ c.…
|Marvelous Brownies|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 1 lb. unsalted butter
- 2 s. of semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 ounces of unsweetened chocolate
- 6 large eggs
- 3 T. instant coffee granules (great way to add extra flavor by using flavored coffee, like amaretto, hazelnut, etc.)
- 2 T. very good vanilla
- 2 ¼ c. sugar
- 1 ¼ c. all-purpose flour
- 1 T. baking powder
- 1 t. salt
- 3 c. chopped nuts (can be walnuts, pecans, almonds, combination of nuts)
- Preheat oven 350.
- Butter and flour a 12x18x1” baking sheet.
- Melt together butter, 1 lb. of the chocolate chips and the unsweetened chocolate in a bowl over simmering water.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- In large bowl, stir together the eggs (do not beat), coffee, vanilla and sugar.
- Stir in the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and allow to come to room temperature.
- In medium bowl, sift together 1 c. flour, baking powder and salt. Add to chocolate mixture.
- Mix the nuts and remaining chocolate chips in bowl with ¼ c. of flour. Then add to the chocolate mixture. Pour into baking sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes. Rap the baking sheet against the oven shelf to force air to escape between the pan and brownie dough. Bake for another 15 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean. DO NOT OVERBAKE!!!
- Allow to cool, thoroughly, refrigerate and cut into 20 large squares.
This Post Has 0 Comments