FROZEN CHOCOLATE PEANUT COVERED BANANAS ON A STICK1 c. semisweet chocolate morsels4 medium firm bananas,…
Home Made Kit Kat Bars
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 1 (14-oz.) box Waverly Club Crackers
- 1 c. butter
- 2 c. graham cracker crumbs
- 1 c. firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ c. whole milk
- ⅓ c. sugar
- 1 c. creamy peanut butter
- ¾ c. semisweet chocolate morsels
- ¾ c. butterscotch-flavored morsels
- Line a baking sheet with foil (15x10”).
- Put a single layer of crackers to fill the sheet. Break crackers if necessary to make it fit in the corners.
- In large saucepan, melt butter. Add the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, milk and sugar.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and pour half of the butter mixture evenly over crackers.
- Place another layer of crackers on top of the butter mixture.
- Pour remaining butter mixture over the crackers and spread evenly.
- Place another layer of crackers.
- In a small saucepan, combine the peanut butter and morsels. Melt over low heat and stir constantly until well melted and blended.
- Pour and spread over the top layer of crackers.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour. Cut into bars. Store in refrigerator.
*****Makes 2 ½ dozen bars.