REFRESHING CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTER AND BANANA ICEBOX CAKE½ c. Jiffy smooth peanut butter2 ½ c.…
Individual Molten Chocolate Lava Cakes
|Individual Molten Chocolate Lava Cakes|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 2 sticks butter, also some to butter ramekin cups
- 4 t. sugar
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Pinch of cayenne
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 6 (1-oz.) squares of bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 6 (1-oz.) squares of semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 c. all purpose flour
- 2 ½ c. powdered sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 6 large egg yolks
- 2 t. vanilla
- ½ t. almond extract
- Preheat oven 400. Butter 8 ramekin dishes (6-oz. size).
- Sprinkle each up with ½ t. of regular sugar.
- In saucepan, combine butter, cinnamon, cayenne, nutmeg and chocolate over low heat until melted and blended. Stir frequently. Cool slightly.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, powdered sugar, eggs, yolks, vanilla and almond extract until creamy.
- Add melted chocolate to batter and whisk together.
- Pour into prepared ramekins.
- Bake cakes until top is stiff and cracked and edges are dark, about 12-14 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes.
- Loosen edges of cake with small paring knife.
- Invert onto plates while warm.
- Serve with cool whip, ice cream, berries and shaved chocolate.
*****For a change: After spooning batter into ramekins, press a Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup into the center. Smooth the batter over the top and bake as usual. You can experiment with different selections of candy. These freeze very well.
This Post Has 0 Comments