Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- ½ c. good olive oil
- ½ c. white wine vinegar
- 1 (4-oz.) jar diced pimento, drained
- 1 bunch fresh chopped parsley
- 1 bunch chopped green onion
- 3 T. minced garlic
- 1 t. sugar
- 1 t. dried basil
- ½ t. salt
- 1 t. black pepper
- 1 or 2 (8-oz.) block sharp cheddar cheese, chilled
- 1 or 2 (8-oz.) block Monterey jack cheese, chilled
- 2 (8-oz.) block cream cheese, chilled
- Combine first 10 ingredients. Mix well and set aside. This marinade can be made 2-3 days ahead of time.
- Cut blocks of cheese in half lengthwise. Then, cut crosswise into thin slices.
- Arrange cheese on a dish that has a lip to hold in the marinade.
- Before laying cheese, I take a slotted spoon and lift some of the onion, parsley and pimento mixture and form sort of a bed for the cheese to be put on.
- Alternate the cheeses to create a contrast of colors.
- Pour the rest of the marinade over the cheese. Spread out the onion, parsley, pimento mixture that is on top. You want to be able to see the cheese.
- Cover with saran wrap and refrigerate for 24 hours or more.
- Take out of refrigerator 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with your favorite crackers.