Mini Crawfish Pies
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 1 lb. crawfish tails, chopped small
- 1 T. minced garlic
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 4-6 green onions, chopped fine
- 1 T. chopped parsley
- 2 T. butter
- 1 T. cornstarch
- ½ c. chicken broth
- Salt, pepper and creole seasoning to taste
- 3 cans of flaky biscuits
- 2 egg whites
- 2 t. water
- Saute veggies in butter until soft.
- Add crawfish and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch with small amount of water to form a paste. Gradually stir in broth.
- Add to crawfish and cook, stirring until mixture thickens. Cool and taste for seasoning.
- Separate biscuits into three sections. Lightly press each section to flatten and slightly enlarge.
- Place 1 t. of mixture in circle.
- Mix egg whites with water. Moisten edges with the egg wash. Fold over to form a half moon shape. Press edges with fork tines.
- Brush tops with melted butter. Bake 400 for 10 minutes. Do not over bake.
*****To freeze, place unbaked pies on baking sheet and freeze. When frozen, remove from freezer and place in zip-lock bags. Thaw in refrigerator and bake as directed. You can also freeze after baking and just reheat. Makes about 90 pies.