Mardi Gras Salad with Chicken and Pasta
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 (16-oz.) can French-style green beans, drained
- 1 (17-oz.) can Early peas, drained
- 1 (14-oz.) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 (4-oz.) jar pimentos, drained and chopped
- ½ large green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ large red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ large yellow bell pepper, chopped
- ½ large red onion, chopped
- 1 (8-oz.) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- Combine all the above ingredients and pour marinade over it. Blend well.
- Marinade overnite. Can be prepared several days ahead.
- ¾ c. sugar
- c. red wine vinegar
- ½ c. water
- ½ c. olive oil
- T. minced garlic
- Blend all marinade ingredients and pour over above items.
*****When I think I have enough of this salad, I like to mix it with bow-tie pasta, grilled/boiled shrimp/chicken, cherry tomatoes, cubed cheeses like sharp cheddar, swiss, or pepper Jack. This makes this salad take on a new life and is very good!!!!!!!