DELICIOUS BERRY GRATIN WITH CHAMPAGNE SABAYON1-2 c. fresh mixed berries (strawberry, blueberry, raspberry)3 T. sparkling…
MAGNIFICENT CRAWFISH REMOULADE OVER FRIED GREEN TOMATOES
2 T. butter
½ c. minced Vidalia onions
½ c. diced green bell pepper
1 T. minced garlic
1 lb. fresh crawfish tails with fat
Salt, red/black pepper
½ c. chopped Vidalia onion
1 bunch green onions, chopped
¼ c. chopped celery
¼ c. chopped green bell pepper
¼ c. fresh lemon juice
1 T. minced garlic
¾ c. Miracle Whip or mayo
2-3 T. prepared horseradish
3 T. Creole mustard
2 T. chili sauce
Salt, red/black pepper to taste
FRIED GREEN TOMATOES:
12 slices green tomato (about ¼” thick
Tabasco to taste
1 c. flour (seasoned with salt, red/black pepper)
2 eggs, beaten with 1 T. buttermilk until no strands of egg white remain
2 c. panko breadcrumbs
Vegetable oil, to fry
- CRAWFISH: Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and pepper and cook, stirring often until softened, 7-10 minutes. Do not brown.
- Add garlic, tails, Creole seasoning and simmer, adjust heat and cook 5 minutes.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- Fold in REMOULADE SAUCE and divide mixture among FRIED GREEN TOMATOES slices. Garnish with chopped green onion.
- REMOULADE SAUCE: Place Vidalia onions, green onions, celery, bell pepper, lemon juice and garlic in food processor. Pulse a few times to chop finely (do not grind). Transfer to glass bowl.
- Mix mayo, horseradish, mustard and chili sauce. Fold in chopped veggies.
- Season to taste. Set aside for 1 hour to have flavors mesh. Taste again for seasoning. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- FRIED GREEN TOMATOES: Sprinkle tomato slices on both sides with Tabasco. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Place the seasoned flour, egg mixture and panko in 3 separate shallow dishes.
- Dredge the slices into the seasoned flour, then egg wash and then panko, shaking off excess between drippings.
- Place in single layer on wire racks over baking dishes. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to set coating.
- Pour oil to ½” deep in large frying pan over medium heat (Heat Oil to 360).
- Fry the slices in batches, turning once if necessary, until golden brown, drain on wire racks, set over paper towels. Serve hot.