FANCY PARMESAN CARROTS WITH LEMON-PARSLEY DRESSING½ c. water¼ c. chopped shallots1 lb. medium carrots, cut…
|Little Maw-Maw's Italian Fig Cookies (Cuccidati)|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
Little Maw-Maw's Italian Fig Cookies (Cuccidati)
- FIG FILLING:
- 2 (14-oz.) pkg. dried figs
- 2 lb. boxes chopped dates
- 1 (16-oz.) carton of raisins
- 2 c. chopped pecans
- 1 (16-oz.) jar fig, peach or apricot preserves
- 1. Remove dried figs from pkg., place in bowl, cover with warm water (about 15 minutes). Once rehydrated, drain, cut off and discard stems.
- 2. Grind or process figs, dates, raisins, pecans and preserves. Place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- COOKIE DOUGH:
- 6 c. flour
- 4 ½ t. baking powder
- ½ t. salt
- 1 lb. box powdered sugar
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 t. vanilla
- ⅓ c. milk
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Cream sugar and butter.
- Beat together eggs, milk and vanilla. Add this mixture and dried ingredients to creamed mixture.
- Knead dough until very smooth, about 15 minutes.
- Cut dough into 10 pieces. Roll each piece to ¼” thickness. Cut into strips about 4” wide.
- Fill with fig filling and roll up and cut into any design you desire.
- Bake 325 for 10-15 minutes. They will be light brown. You can ice and decorate with candy sprinkles or leave plain.
- No specific recipe. Just add a little evaporated milk to sifted powdered sugar along with pink and green food coloring. Mixture will be slightly thick, but thin enough to dip cookie tops in.
- Once dipped, add sprinkles, allow to dry before storing in air-tight container.
*****Makes about 12 dozen.