Grilled Seafood Po'Boy
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 1 lb. peeled medium fresh shrimp
- 1 (10-oz.) fresh catfish fillet
- Creole seasoning
- ¼ c. fresh lemon juice
- 1 t. olive oil
- ½ c. roasted red bell pepper strips
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and minced
- ½ c. Miracle whip or mayo
- 2 T. creole mustard
- 2 T. fresh chopped parsley
- 1 T. minced garlic
- 2 T. sliced green onions
- 8 tomato slices
- 8 bibb lettuce leaves
- 4 Po’Boy Bread rolls, split and toasted
- Cut fish crosswise into 1” slices. Combine fish and shrimp in shallow dish and season with creole seasoning and salt. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
- Combine lemon juice and oil, pour over fish after the 2 hours and chill for 30 minutes more.
- Pat red pepper strips dry. Combine pepper strips with jalapeno, mayo, and next 4 ingredients. Set aside.
- Drain seafood and place in grill basket coated with PAM. Cook, over coals with top covered at 350-400 for 7-10 minutes, turning once.
- Brush bread halves with olive oil and grill until toasty (can be done in oven.)
- Spread some of the mayo mixture on both halves of roll.
- Place seafood, tomato and lettuce on bottom and place bread on top. Serve.