SOPHISTICATED CHOCOLATE BOURBON BALLS1 ¼ c. crushed chocolate wafer cookies1 c. powdered sugar2/3 c. toasted…
|Jumbo Grilled Scallops with Bacon, Sun-Dried Tomato and Leek Topping Over Pasta|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
Jumbo Grilled Scallops with Bacon, Sun-Dried Tomato and Leek Topping Over Pasta
- Fresh Jumbo Scallops (number depending on how many people you are serving and how many you are giving each person; the sauce is very plentiful.)
- Olive oil or Asian-Ginger marinade
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 4 t. fresh minced garlic
- 1 lb. bacon
- ½ c. sun-dried tomato (hydrated in hot water)
- 2 whole leeks, cut small and washed
- 1 T. canola oil
- 6 oz. corn syrup
- 6 oz. sweet Thai Chili sauce
- 4 oz. honey
- To taste Sriracha chili sauce
- To taste Kosher salt
- Favorite pasta
- Season scallops and rub with olive oil or marinate in the Asian-Ginger sauce. Cook over a hot grill or grill pan, about 2-3 minutes on first side, flip and cook on the other side for about 1 minute, until you achieve the opaque look. Set aside and keep warm.
- Hydrate sun-dried tomatoes in boiling water to soften, about 2 minutes, then drain and reserve the tomatoes.
- Cut bacon in ½” thick pieces and place in oven at 325 and cook until crisp. Reserve the bacon grease.
- In large skillet, add bacon grease and canola oil and heat.
- When very hot, add leeks, garlic and sauté until soft.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes and all remaining ingredients.
- Reduce by ⅓. Season to taste.
- Boil your favorite pasta in salted water. Also add about 2-3 T. olive oil to boiling water. This helps the pasta from sticking together.
- Place pasta on platter. Arrange the cooked scallops around and then top each scallop with the sauce. Serve the additional sauce on the side.
*****This recipe was given to me by my friends, Jimmy and Cindy Zito, owners of Drusilla’s in Baton Rouge, LA. Their corporate chef, Sonny, created this masterpiece. The sauce is absolutely marvelous over shrimp, fish and escargot. Enjoy!