HEAVENLY SWEET HUSH PUPPIESVegetable oil, for frying1 ¾ c. yellow cornmeal¾ c. flour2 t. baking…
KILLER CHICKEN AND WHITE BEAN CHILI
2 (15-oz.) cans white beans, rinsed and drained
4 c. chicken broth
3 lbs. whole bone-in chicken breasts
Salt, black pepper
2 Vidalia onions, chopped
3 T. minced garlic
2-3 fresh jalapenos, seeded and chopped
2 (4-oz.) cans roasted green chilies, drained and chopped
1 c. water
1 T. ground cumin
Toppings: sour cream, avocado slices, shredded cheese, etc.
- Place beans and broth in slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours or until beans are tender.
- Drizzle oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Place chicken skin down in skillet. Cook until brown, about 5 minutes, flip and cook 2-3 minutes more on the other side.
- Transfer chicken to plate and remove skin and discard it.
- Drain oil from skillet but keep about 2 T. of fat.
- Add the onions, garlic and jalapenos and cook until soft.
- Add the onion mixture, chilies, water and cumin to slow cooker.
- Stir in chicken.
- Cook on LOW for 6 hours, stirring once or twice.
- Remove 1 c. beans plus ½ c. liquid from cooker. Puree in food processor. Return to slow cooker.
- Remove chicken and shred and return to cooker.
- Taste for seasonings.
*Spoon into bowls and garnish as desired.