SURPRISINGLY REFRESHING FROZEN HOT CHOCOLATE1 c. milk½ c. heavy cream½ c. natural unsweetened cocoa powder½…
IRRESISTIBLE GRILLED CORN SLAW
4 fresh ears of corn, husked
2-3 fresh jalapenos
3 (10-oz.) bags shredded cabbage
4 green onions, chopped
3 large carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
1/3 c. minced white onion
¼ c. chopped fresh dill
¼ c. chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
2/3 c. good quality honey
2/3 c. apple cider vinegar
2/3 c. olive oil
1 T. ground cumin
1 T. ancho chili powder
2 T. minced garlic
Salt/black pepper to taste
- Heat grill to HIGH. Place whole corn and jalapeno peppers on hot grates.
- When nicely charred, rotate them until all sides are charred, 5-8 minutes.
- Remove from grill and let cool.
- Once corn is cool, cut kernels from cob. Cut the stems of jalapenos and chop into small pieces.
- Add corn and jalapenos to large bowl and set aside to cool completely.
- Add the cabbage, green onions, carrots, white onion, dill and cilantro. Fold to combine.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together honey, vinegar, oil, cumin, chili powder and garlic.
- Pour liquid mixture over slaw mixture. Fold to combine.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Before serving, fold the slaw a few times.
- Taste for seasonings and add salt and pepper.