BEST ALL-IN-ONE BRUNCH CASSEROLE12 c. cubed bread (like sourdough, brioche, etc.02 T. olive oil1 c.…
HAM AND CHEESE MUFFINS
8 oz. self-rising flour
½ t. chicken instant bouillon granules
½ t. smoked paprika
1 t. dry mustard
6 oz. chopped smoked ham
6-8 oz. grated sharp cheddar cheese
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 c. plus 1 T. milk
6 T. olive oil
Salt, black pepper
2 T. chopped chives
- Preheat oven 400.
- Grease a muffin tin that holds 12.
- Sift dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Careful with salt because of the ham.
- Stir in ham and cheese and chives. Mix well.
- Add egg, milk and olive oil. Mix well but do not over mix, just enough to combine.
- Adjust consistency if too dry by adding a little more milk. Mixture should be soft dropping consistency.
- Spoon mixture into muffin tin and bake for 20-25 minutes or until muffins are well risen and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly on wire rack.
- Eat while warm. Can serve with butter, soft cheese or honey/jams/jellies.