EASY HOMEMADE IRISH CREAM1 T. instant espresso powder1 T. best-quality Dutch-process cocoa powder1 (14-oz.) can…
Easy Baked French Toast Casserole
EASY BAKED FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE
8 oz. whipped cream cheese, room temp
1/3 c. chopped pecans
¼ c. light brown sugar
1 T. maple syrup
1 t. ground cinnamon
2 c. milk
¼ c. sugar
1 t. vanilla
1 loaf thick sliced bread
2 T. sugar
1 ½ t. ground cinnamon
Powdered sugar, optional
- Mix together cheese, pecans, brown sugar, syrup and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Beat together, with whisk, milk, eggs and ¼ c. sugar and vanilla.
- Spread cheese mixture on side of each slice of bread.
- Layer at a angle in 13×9” baking dish, cheese spread side up.
- Pour milk mixture over bread evenly.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill overnight.
- Remove wrap and sprinkle with 2 T. sugar and 1 ½ t. cinnamon, mixed together.
- Bake in preheated oven of 350, for 20-25 minutes or until browned and is set.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
*You can incorporate fresh fruit like blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, bananas, etc.