TASTY GALETTE DE TOMATE2 ½ c. flour1 T. sugarSalt/black pepper1 c. cold butter, cut into…
1-2 lbs. of medium to large shrimp, deveined (if tails are still on, leave for effect when grilling-makes a nice presentation)
1 bottle Marinade (any flavor will do: Lemon/Herb, Greek Vinegar, Balsamic, etc.)
Salt, red, black pepper, garlic powder
¼ c. Soy sauce
¼ c. Worcestershire sauce
¼ c. sweet/spicy mustard, optional
1 carton of sweet cherry tomatoes
- Season shrimp and place in zip loc bag.
- Add the rest of ingredients, except tomatoes, to the shrimp.
- Shake bag around to get the marinade all over the shrimp. Refrigerate 1 hour or overnite.
- If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 15 minutes. This helps to prevent the skewers from burning.
- Skewer the shrimp and tomatoes in whatever fashion you like.
- Grill 3-4 minutes on each side on hot grill. This depends on size of shrimp.
- Baste with White Wine Lemon Butter Sauce.
*Serve with a rice pilaf, nice salad and hot bread. With leftover shrimp and tomatoes, add to pasta for a great hot or cold dish. You can add broccoli, asparagus tips, snow peas, etc., something green to the pasta dish.
WHITE WINE LEMON BUTTER SAUCE
1 stick butter
3 chopped shallots or one small onion
3 T. minced garlic
1 c. lemon juice
1 bottle of Wishbone Italian dressing or any brand you like
1 c. of white wine or leftover white wine that is not suitable for drinking anymore
½ c. Lea and Perrins
2 T. Tabasco
- Melt butter.
- Saute shallots or onions.
- Add garlic.
- Add rest of ingredients.
- Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator.
*I use this when basting steaks, chicken or fish.