Asian Asparagus Tips With Lemon Chive Aioli Save Print Asian Asparagus Tips With Lemon…
Large Portabella Mushroom Caps (the number you get depends on how many you are serving and how you are serving it-as an appetizer, entrée, or side dish.)
This recipe has 12 of the caps.
1 bottle of Wishbone Greek Dressing Vinaigrette or your favorite dressing
Sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder
2 large Vidalia onions, thinly sliced
Sliced avocados, optional
- Clean caps and place in large Ziploc bag and pour dressing in bag with a little of salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Let marinate for at least 2 hours or overnite.
- Take large skillet or grill pan, place over low-medium heat. Spray pan with PAM and put a little olive oil in bottom of pan.
- Saute the onions until golden. Season with salt and pepper. Remove onions from pan and set aside.
- Place mushrooms in pan, bottom side up. Saute for about 1-2 minutes. Flip and cook on the other side for another 2 minutes. Return onions and heat through. Top with sliced avocados (these can also be grilled.)
*You can eat them just like this or use them as substitute for burgers (vegans like this). You can add a little parmesan cheese, pico de gallo, etc. You can pretty much stuff them with anything you like. I also put crawfish etouffee in them topped with parmesan cheese and use as a side dish with grilled fish or chicken.
You can also cut them into slices and serve with grilled tomatoes, eggplant and boiled potatoes. Endless use!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!