Hot Dogs with Condiments
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 3-5 lbs. of lean ground beef, at room temperature
- 1 (16-oz.) container of chopped onion mix
- 1 (14-1/2 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15-oz.) can tomato sauce
- 4 packages of Chili Mix (use your favorite brand and degree of hotness)
- 1 (16-oz.) can chili beans
- 1 (16-oz.) can red kidney beans
- Salt, black pepper to taste
- 2 t. dried cumin
- Garnishes: Sour Cream, Diced Avocado, Salsa, Grated Cheese, Diced Red Onion, Chopped Cilantro or Parsley
- Take room temperature ground beef and place in pot used to make chili.
- Add the chopped onion mixture to beef and brown. Take spoon and make sure meat is crumbled. This is easier when meat is at room temperature.
- When meat is browned, add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, Chili Mix and blend well.
- Add the beans (you can also change up the beans). Seasonings to taste.
- Add enough water to cover the top of the meat mixture. I like to cover with about 1-2 inches of water. Let simmer until you get the thickness you like.
*****If you do not want the beans, you can omit them. This freezes beautifully. When serving, use any garnish you like. You can also use on hot dogs.