SIMPLY IRRESISTIBLE SMOKY GRILLED VEGGIESSoaked wood chips4 ears of sweet corn, shucked1 of each color…
GRILLED FLANK STEAK WITH RED ONION
1-2 lb. flank steak, season with salt, black pepper
¼ c. balsamic vinegar
¼ c. olive oil
¼ c. lemon juice
¼ c. Dijon
¼ c. brown sugar
¼ c. garlic puree
1 spring fresh rosemary
¼ c. fresh parsley, chopped
¼ c. fresh basil, chopped
2 medium red onions, sliced
- Place 1 sliced red onion in bottom of rimmed baking glass dish.
- Place seasoned flank steak on top.
- Mix the vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon, brown sugar, garlic puree, rosemary and basil together.
- Pour over steak and flip steak to coat the other side.
- Place remaining red onion on top.
- Cover with plastic wrap and marinade in ref. overnight or 4-6 hours.
- Remove from ref and let sit at room temp for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to HIGH and oil the grates.
- Grill steak, turning once, 7-10 minutes for medium rare, depending on thickness.
- Transfer to cutting board.
- Cover loosely with foil and let stand 10 minutes.
- Slice steak against the grain and serve.
*You can do extra red onions and marinade separately from meat and grill them as a side dish or pan sauté them.