ALICE’S SEAFOOD CHOWDER3 sticks butter¼ c. minced garlic2 large onions, chopped2 green bell peppers, chopped4-6…
GRILLED EGGPLANT SLICES CAPRESE STYLE
8 oz. bulk Italian sausage
1 T. minced garlic
¼ c. white wine
1 c. chopped fresh baby spinach
½ c. shredded Parmesan cheese
1 lb. fresh eggplant, sliced into 8 (1/2”thick) rounds
Kosher salt/black pepper
8 slices fresh mozzarella
8 thin slices Roma tomatoes
Chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat grill to medium high. Brush grill grate with vegetable oil.
- SAUSAGE: Drizzle olive oil in a saute pan and saute the sausage over medium heat and cook through, breaking up into pieces using a potato masher.
- Drain grease from sausage then return to pan.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Deglaze pan with wine and reduce until liquid is absorbed.
- Add spinach, saute 2 minutes.
- Stir in parmesan and let cool.
- EGGPLANT: Brush eggplant with olive oil on both sides and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill slices, covered, 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from grill.
- Top each slice with 1 T. sausage mixture, one slice mozzarella and tomato.
- Grill eggplant slices, covered, until cheese melts, 2-4 minutes.
- Remove and garnish with chopped parsley.