FANCY PARMESAN CARROTS WITH LEMON-PARSLEY DRESSING½ c. water¼ c. chopped shallots1 lb. medium carrots, cut…
|Grilled Corn on the Cob with Roasted Garlic Herb Butter|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
Grilled Corn on the Cob with Roasted Garlic Herb Butter
- 2 heads of garlic
- 4 t. extra virgin olive oil
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 T. unsalted butter
- ¼ c. chopped parsley or cilantro
- ¼ c. chopped tarragon
- Salt and black pepper
- 6 large ears of corn, in husks
- Preheat oven 350. Cut off top third of garlic heads. Stand them cut side up on foil and drizzle with 1 t. of olive oil.
- Wrap garlic in foil and bake for 1 hour, until very tender.
- Squeeze the garlic into a bowl. Stir in lemon zest, butter, cilantro or parsley and tarragon with remaining 1 T. oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat grill. Peel back corn husks, keeping them attached.
- Discard the silk threads. Soak in salted cold water for 15-30 minutes. Drain.
- Spread the herbed garlic all over the corn. Wrap foil around the corn.
- Fold husks back over the corn and tie tops with string.
- Grill corn over moderate heat, turning, until kernels feel tender, about 45 minutes.
- Continue to grill over moderate heat, turning until the husks are nicely charred, about another 5 minutes. Serve.
*****You can serve extra herbed garlic sauce on side if guests would like more on their corn cob. Sometimes in specialty stores you can buy already prepared flavored butters. This saves a big step for you. Leftover corn, cut corn off cob, freeze or use in other dishes.