SIMPLY IRRESISTIBLE SMOKY GRILLED VEGGIESSoaked wood chips4 ears of sweet corn, shucked1 of each color…
Maw Maw's Patriotic One Pan Cake
Patriotic Cake! Great cake for your 4th of July celebration, or anytime!
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 large package strawberry Jello gelatin
- 1 large package Jello vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (8-12 oz.)container Cool Whip
- 1 carton fresh blueberries
- 1 carton fresh strawberries
- Grease 13x9” pan. Preheat oven 350.
- Prepare white cake mix as directed on package.
- Pour into pan and bake for 30-40 minutes or until done.
- Meanwhile in bowl, mix strawberry gelatin with 2 c. very hot water and dissolve.
- Remove cake from oven and prick the whole top with holes.
- Pour gelatin over top of cake. You want gelatin to go all over into cake and saturate it. Allow cake to cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare instant pudding according to package directions and place in refrigerator until needed.
- When cake is cool, spread pudding over top of cake.
- Then cover top of cake with cool whip.
- In top left hand corner, take the blueberries to form the blue part of the US Flag. It should look like white stars showing thru the blue. Use your judgment to the size of this area.
- Then take strawberries and cut in half and half again. You will lay the halves with pointed end starting in left hand side and lay next strawberry in line until you for a straight red stripe like on the flag.
- I usually get in 4 rows of red stripes with the strawberries:
- -One on extreme bottom
- -One on extreme top
- -One under bottom of where blueberries end
- -One between bottom row and blueberry row. Use your judgment.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. You want it to setup in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.