WONDERFUL WATERMELON MINT ICED TEA1 watermelon (to make 2 c. of melon juice)2 mint tea…
Alice’s World Famous BBQ Sauce
|Alice's World Famous BBQ Sauce|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
Alice's World Famous BBQ Sauce - I make a big pot of it and store it in smaller containers. It will keep forever but does not last that long, I promise you.
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 large Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- ½ box of light brown sugar
- ½-3/4 c. yellow mustard (depending on how tart you like your sauce)
- 4-6 bottles of Kraft Bottled BBQ sauce (I use one of the different flavors like: ORIGINAL; HONEY; SPICY; ONION BITS)
- 2 c. white vinegar
- Melt butter and add onions and sauté until tender.
- Add sugar and mustard and stir till it makes a paste. Simmer over low heat and stir for about 5 minutes.
- Add the bottled BBQ sauce and mix well.
- Slowly add vinegar and blend.
- Let simmer for 15-20 minutes. Cool and store.
A little story here! Anyone who knows my hubby, knows he loves his BBQ Chicken. He does make the best but I have the sauce. For 45 years, I have the kept the sauce a secret. I use to tell my hubby he could not have the recipe, because if he left me for some 20-year old, he would not have the sauce, therefore, no BBQ Chicken, ever, ever again. So he is still here. But I have decided to let the recipe out there! But once you open it and use it, you must die! You cannot share it! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy!! By the way, I was thinking maybe some 20-year old would take both of us at this point.
This Post Has 0 Comments