REFRESHING FROZEN LEMONADE1/3 c. freshly squeezed lemon juice1/3 c. sugar1 c. water½ c. ice cubes4…
Godmother’s Favorite Squash Casserole
¼-½ c. extra virgin olive oil
1 Vidalia onion, chopped
2 celery ribs, chopped
2 T. minced garlic
1 large shallot, chopped
2 lbs. yellow squash, trimmed, cut into thin rounds
1 c. Italian seasoned bread crumbs
¼ c. freshly grated Romano cheese
2 large eggs, beaten
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1/3 c. chopped fresh parsley
Kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder, to taste
½ c. extra seasoned Italian breadcrumbs
2 T. butter, cut into small cubes
1. Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add onion, celery and shallot and sauté until golden.
3. Add garlic and cook another minute.
4. Add squash and cook, stirring occasionally, until squash is tender and juices evaporated.
5. Transfer all of this to a large bowl and let cool.
6. Preheat oven 400. Lightly take softened butter and spread around on 9” glass pie pan or 1 qt. gratin dish.
7. To the squash mixture add: 1 c. seasoned bread crumbs, Romano, eggs, green onions, parsley, and seasoning. Mix well.
8. Spread into pie plate.
9. Top with extra bread crumbs and dot with butter cubes.
10. Bake until bubbly and top is golden brown, about 15-20 minutes. Let cool slightly and serve.
*****This also works well with zucchini or a combination of the two squashes.
This Post Has 0 Comments