2 c. fresh corn kernels (drained can corn can be used)
3 eggs, beaten
¾ c. milk
3 T. butter, melted
½ c. chopped onion mix
1-2 fresh seeded and chopped jalapenos, finely chopped
3 T. chopped fresh chives
¾ c. flour
¾ c. yellow cornmeal
Salt, red/black pepper, garlic powder
1 (8-oz.) pkg. grated cheese (your favorite: mozzarella, Mexican blend, etc.) You can also do without the cheese.
1. In a large bowl, add the corn, eggs, milk, melted butter. Mix.
2. Add the chopped onion, jalapeno and chives. Mix.
3. Add the flour, cornmeal and seasonings. Mix.
4. Add cheese if you desire. Mix.
5. Cover with saran wrap and refrigerate for about 1 hour or overnight.
6. When ready to cook, get a large nonstick skillet and spray with PAM and drizzle a little olive oil to coat the bottom.
7. Place over medium heat.
8. I like to use ¼ c. serving size and spoon out the batter and drop onto the heated skillet.
9. Brown about 1-2 minutes on one side and flip and cook on the other side for another 2 minutes. Flip back one more time for about 30 seconds.
10. Remove from heat and serve.
*****I usually like to cook one cake and taste for seasoning. Add more seasoning to batter if needed and prepare the rest of the cakes.
It is a great side to serve with meals that have a nice gravy or with fried foods. Just plain good by itself!!!!!!!!!