GRILLED RED SNAPPER WITH VEGGIES AND JUMBO LUMP CRABMEAT IN FOIL PACKETS1-2 lbs. fresh red…
FISHERMEN’S FRESH FISH PICCATA
2 (6-8 oz.) fresh Dover sole, seasoned (or your favorite fish)
Kosher salt, black/red pepper
½ c. flour
½ c. white wine
Juice of 3 lemons
1 stick butter
Chopped fresh parsley or green onions
2-3 T. capers, drained, optional
½ lb. cooked shrimp or crabmeat, optional
- Place enough olive oil in large saute pan and heat.
- Blot fish dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
- Dredge in flour and shake off excess.
- Saute fish in oil until just cooked through, about 4-6 minutes, flipping halfway. Time will depend on size of fish.
- Remove fish to a platter.
- Deglaze pan with white wine. Whisk for about 1 minute.
- Add the lemon juice and capers and stir.
- Add butter and whisk to incorporate to bring sauce together.
- Place fish back into saute pan and spoon sauce over fish.
- If you are using crabmeat or shrimp add to the sauce and heat through.
- Garnish with lemon slice, twisted and chopped parsley or green onions.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
*Great with a nice mushroom risotto or noodles.