NO-BAKE VEGETARIAN ENCHILADASCarrot Sofrito:1 ¼ lbs. carrots, coarsely chopped1 small onion, chopped6 garlic cloves, peeled½…
FANTASTIC OYSTER-ARTICHOKE CUPS
3 cans of artichoke hearts, drained
1 c. flour
Salt, red pepper
Canola oil, for frying
1 link andouille sausage, thinly sliced
1 Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 pt. shucked oysters, drained
8 oz. grated Gruyere or Gouda cheese
Fresh parsley, finely minced, garnish
- Pat the heats to make them dry.
- Combine flour, salt and red pepper in a shallow bowl.
- Heat about ¼ c. oil in medium fry pan.
- Toss the hearts with flour mixture to coat all sides.
- Working in batches, fry the heats, turning once, until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove and drain on paper towel.
- Discard the oil and reheat pan.
- Saute the andouille until crispy and remove from pan and drain on paper towel.
- Leave drippings in pan, reduce heat to low and add onions and saute until golden.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Preheat oven 350.
- Spray a baking sheet with PAM.
- To assemble the cups: Place a spoonful of onion onto each artichoke bottom; top with 2-3 oysters (depending on size and space); garnish with andouille and bell pepper; cover with grated cheese.
- Bake on middle rack until cheese is well melted and bubbling.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.