CHOCOLATE BRIOCHE BREAD PUDDING WITH PRALINE SAUCEPRALINE SAUCE:½ c. firmly packed dark brown sugar¼ c.…
ANTASTIC LOADED MASHED POTATO CASSEROLE
1 yellow onion, chopped
Warm water, as needed
3 lbs. Creamer potatoes by The Little Potato Company (I like the Terrific Trio Variety), cut in half
¼ c. butter
3 T. cream cheese, softened
½ c. milk
Kosher salt, black pepper to taste
2 strips center cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 T. minced fresh rosemary
½ c. grated Parmesan cheese
Minced parsley, garnish
- Drizzle olive oil in medium nonstick skillet.
- Over medium heat, add onions and cover pan and cook, stir occasionally until onions are deep golden brown.
- During cooking, add water as necessary to stop onions from burning and drying out. Be sure all water is absorbed before removing from heat.
- Place potato halves in large saucepan and cover with salted cold water and 1”above potatoes.
- Bring to boil and cook until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and transfer to large bowl.
- Preheat oven 350. Spray PAM in 8×8” glass or ceramic baking dish.
- With potato masher, mash potatoes until mixture is smooth as possible.
- Add butter, cream cheese and milk and continue to mash until combined. If mixture is too thick you can add additional milk.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in onions, crumbled bacon and rosemary. Taste for seasoning.
- Transfer to baking dish, smooth top with spatula.
- Sprinkle cheese over top. Bake until warmed through and cheese is melted, about 20-25 minutes.